HEY EVERYONE! WELCOME TO THE FIRST #MARSMISSIONMONDAY ! THE VIDEO BELOW IS GEARED TOWARDS KIDS (AS YOU CAN TELL BY ME ACTING JUST SLIGHTLY MORE RIDICULOUS THAN USUAL 😆) - BUT THIS ACTIVITY IS VERY WORTHWHILE AND VALUABLE FOR ADULTS AS WELL!
Mars Mission 1: Music Marks 🎶
Today's Mars Mission is dedicated to the very musical Ballinger family and 5 y/o Kai!
You will need:
This website: http://everynoise.com/engenremap.html
Paper or surface to make marks on (bigger the better)
Something to make marks with! Paint, pencil, marker, crayon, ANYTHING!
1. Choose at least 5 genres from the website AT RANDOM (if you want to do more after that you can choose not at random)
2. Make marks on your page that are inspired by what you are hearing, don't worry about how things look. You can even close your eyes. Don't judge! This is about process over product!
3. You can overlap all the Music Marks, or you can use a separate page or space for each song.
4. If you think it makes more sense for you, use the website more as a jumping-off point to go find full-length songs on YouTube that you can draw to.
5. Feel free to vary the color or drawing material based on how each song makes you feel/move
6. ONLY ONCE YOU ARE TOTALLY DONE can you evaluate your marks/drawings. You can cut up the page and make a collage out of it. You can add more marks or emphasize certain areas.
Adults/older kids: Feel free to do long drawing or doodle session to a certain type of music and post to the facebook group. But try to do at least 3 genres and see if you can tell a difference.